Monday, July 7, 2008

Brian's email, July 7

I'm sorry if my email last week didn't go through, I wrote one I know but sometimes emails don't go through. Well it's been another week in Africa, and we finished another transfer so my companion goes home in 5 weeks and he tells me everyday. Ha... Well life here is still good I suppose. We have been doing a lot of service lately, on Thursday we spent four hours tearing out the grass of a less active family. They don't have any men in the family so we opted to help out and they were very grateful. And then on Sunday both less active daughters came to church. And another less active lady we have been visiting came to church again and talked with the Bishop! yay, When we were with her she started telling us a lot of stuff and she was looking for counciling which as missionaries we aren't supposed to do so we asked her to talk to the bishop about that stuff and she did. Hopefully it helped and she'll continue to come to church. Her husband and a daughter aren't members so it might lead to some new investigators. Time will tell.lets see, what else has happened. Oh in my email last week I mentioned that we have a new mission president now. His name is President Poulsen, I still haven't met him personally but I have met several that have and everyone says he is really cool. So I'm excited, oh and there is a rumor that our mission might split... three years ago there were 120 missionaries here and now there are 180 and this is the largest mission or one of the largest missions in the world. So, I think it might split soon, maybe not this year but my guess is sometime within two years. I dunno, well Thats about all I have for today, I hope you are all doing well, I apologize for any bad grammer or spelling. Love you all
Elder Brian Spencer

No comments: