Sunday, August 10, 2008

Nathan's email from August 5

Caramba! what a week! Well actually I'll start with Sunday cause that was the best! It was fast and testimony meeting and one of the most spiritual sacrament meetings of my life, actually I think it was the most spiritual.
So those youth I'm always talking about... they all bore their testimonies, but they didn't just get up and say I know the church is true, they gave heart felt testimonies with their conversion stories, I was close to tears. and better yet Erick and Raphael, two awesome brothers, finally convinced their parents to take a few minutes off work to come. They came and heard their kids bear testimony and also saw them administering the sacrament! Caramba if that's not a powerful message for a parent I don't know what is!
But alas, Sunday night we found out about transfers and the elder AssiSpencer duo was broken, I'm now in a new city, Piratininha, very close to my other area but I'm opening this area and that means for all of you who are unfamiliar, that I'm completely lost :D Isn't that fun! No but I'm excited cause I've heard tons of good stuff about this ward and the last missionaries left it in good condition.
I'm now with elder Santana, he's a pretty cool kid. I don't know much about him yet so I'll fill you in on those details next time, but he seems kinda excited about missionary work so I'm sure we'll get along just great :D haha
Well someone just said something and I wasn't listening, so my comp tried to speak English to explain, cause he thought I just didn't understand, thus confirming he can say five and minute with a wonderful accent. haha perfect :D Oh I was at my new house a little while back and its awesome, much more roomy than the last house and there's only the two of us. the washing machine looks like it works so that'll save on a lot of work, hurray!
Anywho I'll have more to say next week about my new area cause as of yet I don't know anything, but tune in next time to hear all about it. lol
Thank you all for your love and support!
Elder Nate Spencer

No comments: