Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Brian's email from October 20

Subject: I'm not so think as you dumb I am

Protea Glen is coming alive, life on mission is full of disappointment and great joy, Usually you have to pass through lots of disappointment to find the joy, but when the joy comes it makes it all worth it. I'm nearing the end of my time here in Protea Glen, Things have been a battle the last couple of months, trying to find poeple and get them to commit to the gospel and change their lives, Its been tough but I think things are finally rolling. This past week Keneilwe got an answer to her prayers and asked to be baptized. We found a great young family who have been looking for a church and haven't found one that makes them happy and now they are excited to hear the message of the restoration. We also tracted into a lady who came to church and found out she has two neices who are very active. They hadn't seen each other in like two years, now she is excited to come back to church and to learn more about it. Oh and Kgomotso passed her baptismal interview and is getting baptized on sunday :D So life is moving forward here! Its a shame I'll have to leave in two weeks but that's life... Just as soon and you love something its ripped out of your hands ;) So I'll just have to go love somewhere else. But I'm glad I'll be able to leave the area prospering for my companion, and he is only going to make it burn brighter, it's his first area and he knows how to keep the ball rolling!
So, this morning I was out teaching my companion how to do backflips on the back lawn and all of a sudden I'm soaked and I hear laughing from the upstairs window, Well... I broke my old track record and I was up there with a bottle of water in about .45 seconds and I had both of them wrestled to the ground and all wet :D good times, there's never a dull moment at our flat. We then made about two loaves of bread worth of french toast and the four of us had a feast. I also made some amazing maple syrup (thanks dad/mom). Alright well thanks for everything :) hope all is well
Love, Elder Brian Spencer

No comments: