Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Brian's email from October 6

Subject: When in Rome?

Isn't President Monson the best!? haha. After he announced the temple in Rome he gives a little pause for effect... But that is awesome! I'm excited to see what the architecture of a Roman temple, They certainly have a bit of competition in that area.
So conference was amazing! All the the talks were phenomenal, I wish all of my investigators and everyone in the world could just listen to conference. We did have a couple come and watch part of a session, and they really enjoyed it. Elder Jeffery R Holland gave a powerful talk on Angels, Bednar made prayer foolproof, Ballard explained the Works of God in this last dispensation, Wirthlin spoke of the importance of humor and not taking offence, President Monson spoke of inevitable change in all of our lives, Uchdorf taught of the power of Faith, Hope, and Charity, Eyring counseled us to be unified as a family, as a church and as a people. And so many other great talks, We are truly blessed to be led by God in these days.
So I hear the Jeffery R. Holland is coming to South Africa! I love being a missionary, in August I got to meet Elder Russell M. Nelsen and now Holland! I'm really excited and almost a bit nervous :s but I'll keep you updated on how it goes, I think he is coming next week sometime.
Well, the work here is going very well, Kgomotso is now on Baptism date for the 26 of Oct, and she is very excited. She is 15 and has been coming to church since she was in Primary. Why she wasn't baptized earlier I don't know. Her mom is less active but her extended family makes sure she comes to church every week. We also have a couple others who are progressing, but I'll save their stories for another day. Thank you for your prayers and love!
Love elder Brian Spencer

No comments: