Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Brian's email from October 13

Subject: Hade Bafuarto [haw-day ba-fway-to]

African Languages are so cool! I can't say that I can really speak any of them but I can communicate slightly. People love it when a white guy tries to speak their native tongue. So life here in Africa is going very well. We have a baptism coming up and hopefully some more will follow. I realized I haven't really told you about most of our investigators, We teach a lot of people and our teaching pool is always turning over, we usually find 5-10 people a week and drop about 5-9 a week! But I'll just let you know some the our solid investigators; We are teaching Kgomotso Kolwa, she is an incredibly stalwart youth who bears her testimony every month and is a great example to the other young women, she is getting baptized on the 26th of this month. We are also teaching Kenielwe Kgaladi, She is 22 and is recovering from a serious injury that she got in January. She was in a hospital bed for 6 months and is now teaching herself to walk and talk and such again. She has shown a lot of faith as we have taught her and she has a testimony. But we kinda have to take things slow cause she can't do a lot of things on her own, like come to church. So we are starting to teach her mother too. She is now praying about baptism. We are also teaching a man named Ben Mangali, wow... This guy, I don't know what to say about him, I get nervous and excited every time I get to go see him cause he is like an Apostle. He is a member of the reformed Seventh Day Adventist and has studied the bible for forty years now. I think he might be a pastor for their church BUT he has always been in a search for truth and is VERY humble. He has investigated and thrown out many churches that he doesn't agree with, such as the Jehovah's Witness and Roman Catholics and many others but he told us he has never had a chance to investigate our beliefs. So we have now taught him about the Restoration and the Book of Mormon, he is now studying the book of Mormon (probably very thoroughly) and we are going to teach him about the Plan of Salvation. But he has told us that he has been very impressed so far and is very anxious to learn more. I'm excited to keep working with him.
Lets see who else... oh there is Ellen Ndobe, she is very interested and we shared with her about he Plan of Salvation last time. She came to part of conference last week and wants to visit our church.
and there is Lettie Rahube, and Winnie Zinyawu and Lindiwe Ramabela and Johanna Boshomane and the Thulo family and Tentandi... The list goes on and on, but it is incredible to be doing this great work. The Lord has blessed us with many people to teach and I feel so privileged to bring this great gift to so many people. Every single one of these people I've mentioned I've had the opportunity to see the spirit light up their understanding and bless their lives. This truly is the Lords work :D

I also wanted to apologize to anyone who has written me and hasn't got a response, I've responded to almost every letter I've received, so odds are the wonderful postal system lost it and I never got it. Packages seem to be the same way :s Thank you for trying lol :D
Love, Elder Brian Spencer

1 comment:

Kimber said...

I call for pictures of Jordan's new haircut!